Best Esports betting sites 2023
In 2023 computer games have reached a new level. It is no longer just a quiet pastime for fans of the genre but a real spectacle and an exciting competition in the world’s top arenas.
Esports betting is a modern form of betting on the results of a computer game. Two teams fight in the eSports disciplines, such as StarCraft, FIFA, Rocket League, PUBG, Call of Duty, Overwatch, Valorant, Dota 2, CS:GO, and League of Legends.
They achieve specific results — winning, scoring points, capturing a particular position in the game, killing the enemy hero. These are the results the bettor is betting on.
Bookmakers include eSport tournaments in the mandatory list of lines. They offer many betting options for each discipline and persistently invite Indian bettors to bet on CS:GO, Dota 2, or LoL. High odds, hundreds of markets, online streaming, and quick payouts are guaranteed.
- Sports betting in cryptocurrency and Indian rupees, minimum deposit from 300 INR
- Mobile betting app compatible with Android & iOS devices, there is a mobile version of the site
- Rich betting markets for cricket, eSports, football
- Personal account with bet statistics for strategy development
- Fast deposits and withdrawals via UPI, IMPS, GPay, PayTM, PhonePe, Visa, MasterCard, AstroPay, MuchBetter & e-wallets
- Available wagering requirements for the welcome sports bonus
- High daily withdrawal limit - 340,000 INR
- Laconic design and simple rate management
Is Esports betting legal in India?
Sports betting has been regulated in India since 1867. The legislation has hardly changed for more than 100 years and prohibits betting “based on luck rather than skill”. Simply put, any betting on sports is a company registered in India can be considered illegal.
International bookmakers have come to the rescue of gambling, sports, and betting enthusiasts. They are not registered in the country, so they have every right to offer gambling services, including cyber sports betting.
How does it work? A betting company creates a website and obtains a license in one of the gambling jurisdictions — Curacao, Malta, UK, etc.
The permit can only be obtained by providing guarantees to follow international gambling law. With the license, the bookmaker can accept customers from all countries because now he is only subject to the rules of the licensor, and the local law is not a restriction.
Thus, Indian users and e-sports betting fans can legally register with the betting site, deposit, bet on any competition, and withdraw their winnings.
Some Indian states are trying to ban such entertainment or fine bettors, but this has no support from lawmakers and the gambling industry lobby.
Be sure to check if such bans apply in your state, whether the bet format you have planned falls under the restrictions, and the consequences of violations. You may have problems withdrawing funds by bank transfer or accessing the bookmaker’s website because of them.
There are no difficulties with E-Sport betting in most states in terms of Indian law.
How to choose the best Esports betting site?
Today, Indian players can easily find esports betting sites. Just enter the query in the search, and you will get dozens of links to various platforms. Among the variety of offers, it is essential to pick a bookmaker who is right for you. It is a combination of subjective and objective factors for comfortable, profitable, and fair betting.
The subjective factors of choice can include:
- user experience — how much you like the design, color combination, innovative or traditional interface;
- consonance in positioning — how the bookmaker presents itself to customers and how you perceive this;
- the sponsorship of your favorite sports teams;
- a bonus program with rewards that are interesting to you.
Matching these points will certainly make playing on the bookmaker’s website even more enjoyable. Still, you can bet successfully without them too. But only if the site meets all the essential quality parameters that are universal for every online bookmaker:
- Having an international license and published information about it will prove the platform’s legitimacy and the bookmaker’s honesty.
- A functional website with reliable software. A great advantage is the free mobile app.
- Availability of events in the portfolio for the sport of your choice, in this case, eSports. Some bookmakers even make E-Sport a separate entertainment category. Additional pluses are the variety of cyber sports disciplines, the depth of the lines, and quick updates of events.
- Competitive odds.
- Different types of betting — pre-match, in-play + online broadcast of the game in real-time.
- Reliable deposit methods, Indian rupee payments, fast deposits, and withdrawals.
Professional customer support.
Each of the parameters is important. For the user to be confident that betting on the platform is safe and profitable, the betting site must combine all these factors.
What will help you determine if a bookmaker is right for you?
- Visit the site and look for license information — published at the bottom of the start page and in the first paragraphs of the Terms and Conditions.
- Take your time to register, walk around the site as a visitor and make sure all pages load quickly, lines and links are active, you understand how the interface works;
- Check the selection of sporting events:
- Which cyber tournaments are represented, and if there are majors and majors;
- If there is a computer game you are interested in;
- What types of bets are available — preliminary, live, singles, multi;
- What odds the bookmaker is offering.
When you have selected 3-4 sites, read the user agreement and the privacy agreement. It may take some time, but you will be familiar with the rules and know if they are right.
Read professional reviews of selected bookmakers, and pay attention to the description of the withdrawal policy and wagering bonuses.
Check the reviews of regular customers in the specialized forums or reviews and compare the number of positive and negative ones.
Experiment with the choice of the bookmaker, try different sites, but don’t start with big bets straight away to minimize the risks.
How to bet on Esports?
Let’s start by making an important distinction. Don’t confuse Esports and virtual sports:
- e-sport is a team-building rivalry in a computer game. Teams play against each other; you bet on the team’s results.
- Virtual sport is a computer simulation of a particular sport (racing, running, football, tennis). Programmers entirely develop the simulation; the results depend not on the team’s skill but on the sequence set by a random number generator.
Whereas in the virtual sport, you are guessing the outcome, in esports, you can predict the result accurately based on the team’s previous successes, the peculiarities of the game, and expert predictions. However, there are a few steps you need to follow before placing a bet and collecting your winnings.
Create an Account
Real money cyber sports betting in India is open only after registering with the online bookmaker’s website. Creating an account on most platforms follows the same pattern:
- The bettor clicks on the registration link, and a questionnaire appears on the screen. One has to enter personal details (name, address, date of birth), contacts (phone number and email), account currency, and agreement with the rules of the resource.
- The client confirms the personal data and the registration. He receives a link to an email or SMS code to verify the contacts indicated. It is essential to specify the exact data and your contacts in the form. The bookmaker will check them later.
- After logging in, you can already make deposits and bet.
But we recommend that you prepare for the KYC procedure, which all bookmakers do:
- go to your cabinet and fill in your profile; if there are any empty fields without information;
- find the link for verification in your cabinet (or ask the support team). Upload the listed documents to the page. Usually, they will ask for a photo of passport, driving license, and PAN;
- send a verification request by pushing the verification button, or tell the support team that you are willing to be verified.
Without verification, you won’t be able to withdraw money from your account and take full advantage of bonus offers.
Making a Deposit
Right after you register, you will be able to make a deposit. Advanced bookmakers have long ago included the Indian rupee in the list of available currencies. So you will not have to think about converting or acquiring other currencies for deposits with the bookmaker.
Usually, the minimum deposit varies from 100 to 1,000 INR. Suppose you want to get a welcome deposit bonus. In that case, this amount can be increased depending on the requirements of the bookmaker.
Go to your cabinet or separate cashier section to make a deposit. There you will see a Deposits tab. Go to the new window and select one of the payment systems offered for depositing:
- MasterCard / VISA card;
- Electronic Wallets, e.g. Skrill, Neteller etc.;
Some bookmakers will also offer cryptocurrency holders to contribute bitcoins and other digital money.
Once you have selected the system, click the contribution button, and enter the amount and external account details. Confirm the transaction. The transfer takes place instantly.
Often bookmakers assign the same payment system to the client for depositing and withdrawing winnings. Before choosing one, make sure you feel comfortable depositing and withdrawing money in a certain way.
Place Your Bet
Place your bet on esports is easy, but remember to prepare in advance:
- Please choose an event of interest to you beforehand and read the expert predictions, checking them against your result predictions.
- Work out a strategy — how much and on what outcome you will bet, which bet will be optimal, preliminary, or live.
- Compare the odds of the selected outcome in several bookmakers, and choose the most favorable one (assuming the bookmaker is honest and guarantees the withdrawal).
- Place your bets according to your strategy, taking into account the risks and monitoring the state of your betting budget.
To bet on a specific outcome of a cyber sports match:
- Find your desired sport and specific discipline in the bookmaker’s menu (most often placed on the left), and click on its name.
- Depending on your strategy, the site will redirect to all active lines and go to the live or pre-match lines.
- Find the match you are looking for. Click on the team’s name to be redirected to the full results and odds for the game.
- Find the predicted outcome and odds in the line, and click on it.
In the betting slip, you will see the details of the match, the outcome, and the odds on the right. Enter the bet amount in the bet slip; the amount of the projected winning will appear next to it. If everything is correct, confirm the bet.
The bet is automatically registered in the system. After that, it cannot be canceled or changed. The bettor waits for the outcome of the game and the accrual of winnings.
The order of betting on ESports is no different from betting on any other discipline. With the proper preparation and accurate prediction, Indian players can make a profitable bet in just a few clicks.
After you win, the number of your winnings will be shown on your player account balance. The money can be withdrawn on the same day, provided that the critical conditions are met:
- the bettor is logged in and verified;
- all previously accrued bonuses are won back;
- rollover conditions are met (some bookmakers require to wager a certain multiple of the amount of the previous deposit);
- withdrawal is within the available limits (some bookmakers impose restrictions on the withdrawal amount);
- the player has not violated the fundamental rules of the bookmaker.
To withdraw, go to the Withdrawal section and choose the available payment system. Enter the withdrawal amount and details and confirm the withdrawal request.
The request is processed within 12-24 hours, and the different speed of transaction depends on the payment method. It takes 15 minutes to 5 bank days to withdraw the request.
The minimum withdrawal amount starts from INR 1,000; the maximum amount depends on bookmaker and payment system limits. Limits are indicated in the cashier section.
How do Esports betting odds work?
The odds are an indicator that is set by professional sports betting experts. The job of the odds is to show clearly:
- how likely a particular outcome is — the higher the odds, the less likely the result. If the odds are low, the probability of the result is high;
- how much will the winnings be if the result is a winning one? The winnings are calculated by multiplying the odds by the bet amount.
Thus, the higher the odds, the higher the winnings. However, the highest odds are for outcomes with a lower probability. The bettor’s task is to find a betting site where the odds on the most likely outcome are higher than those of competitors.
For example, you bet on one of the teams to win on a set card. The bookmaker puts odds on W1 at 1.22 and W2 at 4.0. That means:
- W1 is likely to win, so the odds are much lower;
- your winnings with a bet of 1,000 INR will be 1,000 × 1.22 = 1,220 INR.
It is worth understanding that low odds do not give a 100% guarantee that the result will happen. eSport is surprising enough that the outcome of a game can be challenging to predict. Many underdogs fight their way to victory quickly, especially in the early stages of tournaments.
Before you place your bets, be sure to check the odds and predictions and the specifics of the game, the eSports championship, and the performance of each team.
Top 5 Esports betting apps
We’ve already mentioned that the top bookmakers have taken care of mobile cyber sports betting and created unique feature apps for iOS and Android devices.
For eSports, mobile betting is optimal because:
- matches take place at different times of the day — in the app, you can bet quickly and without downloading the official website if there is no possibility for that because you are on the road or at work;
- the best odds are in play, and live lines are easy to monitor on your mobile wherever you are;
- the apps support online match broadcasts.
We’ve highlighted the best eSports betting apps.
Betway betting site offers a diverse range of eSports games for enthusiasts to bet on, including popular titles like League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Dota 2. With competitive odds, live streaming, and regular promotions dedicated to eSports, Betway provides a thrilling and immersive platform for eSports betting.
BlueChip betting site offers an extensive collection of eSports games for fans to bet on, covering popular titles such as League of Legends, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and Overwatch. With its user-friendly interface, competitive odds, and dedicated eSports promotions, BlueChip provides a reliable platform for eSports enthusiasts to engage in thrilling betting experiences.
LeoVegas betting site offers a wide range of eSports games for passionate fans to bet on, including popular titles such as Dota 2, Call of Duty, and Rocket League. With its intuitive interface, live streaming options, and attractive bonuses, LeoVegas provides an exciting platform for eSports betting, ensuring a thrilling and immersive experience for users.
LeonBet, a leading betting site in India, caters to eSports fans with a diverse array of games to bet on, including popular titles like Dota 2, Valorant, and Hearthstone. With its user-friendly interface, competitive odds, and exclusive eSports promotions, LeonBet offers Indian users an exhilarating platform to indulge in thrilling eSports betting experiences.
Each bookmaker has ensured that registered bettors can easily find a suitable LoL, PUBG, Overwatch, Call of Duty, Valorant, Dota 2, or CS:GO tournament in the app or mobile site. They pick the best odds and can watch the game broadcast and bet in pre-match or live.
Indian bettors will be able to download all the apps for free from the bookmaker’s official website and use them for deposits, bonuses, and cyber sports betting anytime, anywhere.
Legal ESports betting in India is available to all fans of the sport. Search for top bookmaker sites with an international license, register, and choose suitable betting lines and odds.
Read bookmaker reviews and evaluate the betting opportunities of the 2022 cyber sports betting platforms. Pay attention to ease of withdrawal, selection of games and tournaments, competitive odds, and site functionality.