The Indian Premier League (IPL) is a national cricket tournament running since 2008. During this time, the IPL has not only gained attention in India but has also made its mark on the world stage as one of the most critical and exciting tournaments. No wonder Indians take pride in this draw and follow every match.
During the cricket season, IPL betting sites invite gambling Indian fans to join the online betting community and cash in on their favourite team’s win.
To gain an audience, bookmakers are developing betting markets and expanding lines, raising odds. They optimise their betting app for IPL and offer payment in Indian rupee and cryptocurrency. The list of lucrative offers can make choosing a betting platform difficult. We will tell you how to identify the best and bet successfully on cricket.
Is IPL betting legal in India?
Gambling legislation in India was formalised in 1867. The law document itself has not undergone significant changes or amendments since then. Of course, online cricket betting did not exist in the 19th century. It is not recorded in the law, so it is neither restricted nor permitted. Most lawyers interpret it as an absolute right of every Indian to bet on sports in India’s IPL betting.
In 2022, Indian gambling laws have been handed over to the local authorities. Each state has the right to regulate online betting as it sees fit. The authorities rarely ban gambling and implemented bans are eventually overturned. Today, there is not a single Indian bettor who has been convicted or otherwise punished for betting on sports online.
Most of the betting companies operating in the Indian market are internationally licensed. It allows operators to accept Indians freely, conduct transactions, and provide customer interactions following international regulations and gambling laws.
So, you can bet legally on cricket in India safely and without fear of harassment. However, check whether the online platform has a gambling license from one or more jurisdictions — Malta, Gibraltar, Isle of Man, Curacao, UK.
The existence of a licence will be one of the determining factors in the selection of a betting site. It confirms that the hardware and software are good quality and that the bettor’s relationship with the bookmaker will be handled within a legal framework.
How to choose the best IPL betting site?
Today, more than 50 online IPL betting sites are operating in India, secured with a valid license and offer services legally. You won’t have enough time to register and bet on every one of them, but it is possible to choose the best IPL betting sites.
You have to rely on expert reviews, feedback from regular users, and your comfort to do so. You can read the expert reviews of bookmakers on our website; the reviews can be found on specialised forums or social networks. To form your own opinion, visit the recommended companies’ websites and analyse them according to several critical criteria:
- Valid license — bookmakers publish the details on the start page of the official website in the User Agreement. You will also often find a link to the Gambling Commission website, which confirms that the particular licence is active.
- A modern site with a user-friendly interface, giving the ability to make the betting option that suits you quickly. Over time, it’s easy to navigate any interface. Still, up-to-date design updates for a quality user experience indicate how much care customers take.
- The depth of IPL’s line-up and the competitiveness of the odds. The more possible outcomes with good multipliers offered by the bookmaker, the better. This way, you can bet not only on the winner of the game but also on more private outcomes, making it easier to create match predictions.
- A variety of betting types — initial bet on one outcome, initial bet on several outcomes (the sites call them differently: express, combi or multi), primary bet on several expresses — system, in-play (or live) bet in real-time. The best IPL betting site will offer you an online match broadcast (or a virtual replay of the game in progress).
- Available and reliable deposit and withdrawal methods. Including UPI, GPay, PhonePe, and e-wallets with Indian rupee or cryptocurrency deposit options.
- Welcome and regular bonuses and promotions for IPL fans (betting insurance, express day, cashback, increased deposit amount for betting).
- 24/7 expert customer support via online chat, mail or phone.
Suppose all 7 parameters come together on one site. The bookmaker has a good reputation, credibility and a long history in the market. In that case, you can safely register on the platform. It does not mean that you should not trust new bookmakers in India.
Even if a site has only been around for a year or two, it can offer better odds to cope with the competition. That being said, young bookmakers also guarantee safe and reliable betting to all registered users.
How to bet on IPL?
A modern IPL betting website will do everything possible to make the bettor’s betting experience more effortless. It is done by optimising the interface, introducing instant payment methods, allowing different currencies, and calculating winnings at top speed.
Most sites follow the same pattern of betting on IPL, with minor differences that concern — for the most part — wording, odds formats and advanced settings.
Create an Account
IPL cricket betting online begins with registering on the betting company’s official website or mobile app. Real money betting is not possible in India without registration.
Registration will allow the bookmaker to make sure that you are an honest player, are of legal age and create an account for fun and winning and not for fraudulent purposes.
Registration opens up a wide range of possibilities for the user:
- bet on any IPL events at any time;
- make deposits and withdrawals of winnings;
- use a personal account to keep track of all bets made;
- receive gifts from the bookmaker;
- contact support.
To create an account, an Indian player will need to fill out a form. It may be minimalistic and include only the player’s contact details (e-mail, social network page or phone number), username/password and acceptance of the rules. It may be more extensive — apart from contacts, it is required to specify the name, complete address, and age.
Providing all this information is compulsory. Even if you have made a quick registration, you will need to go to your profile and enter your information. This information will be required to verify your account during the verification process.
The KYC (Know Your Customer) procedure takes place on all reputable betting sites. It will require the player to:
- provide complete and honest information about himself,
- verify the contacts,
- upload the copies of the documents to the personal account (or send an e-mail to the support team), which will confirm the data in the profile.
A KYC rejection is a signal that the bettor may have been dishonest. Without passing the check, the bettor will not be able to withdraw money.
Making a Deposit
Some bookmakers offer free bets on IPL as an incentive, but these are isolated cases. Most companies will require you to confirm your bet financially. The minimum bet can start from 50 — 100 INR; the maximum amount depends on the status of the bettor and the features and importance of the particular match.
So, to make a bet, you need to deposit into an account at the betting company. It is not possible to place a bet directly from an external account.
When making a deposit, a bettor does these steps on the website:
- Completes registration and logs in.
- Goes to the personal cabinet or cashier section.
- Chooses a suitable payment system. Pick the system carefully. After the first deposit, it becomes the main one for deposit and withdrawal of winnings).
- Enters into the field of the amount of deposit and details of the external account.
- Confirms the transaction. Most of the presented systems assume instant transfer to the account.
For transfers the bookmaker will provide one of a dozen convenient payment methods:
Indian Bank Transfer;
- UPI / PayTM / PhonePe;
- VISA / MasterCard;
- e-wallets — Neteller / AstroPay / eZeeWallet / EcoPayz / Skrill / MuchBetter / PerfectMoney;
- cryptocurrency accounts.
Each of the systems has its limits on maximum transaction amounts. Consider which account will make deposits at your betting company as convenient as possible.
Place Your Bet
Once you have logged in and funded your account, you can start placing bets. We are sure that you will not do it just for luck, but take care to be prepared:
- Read the predictions.
- Check the results of previous matches.
- Choose the best type of bet for a particular event.
When you know precisely which outcome and which match can be profitable for you, placing a bet will be quick.
- Find the Cricket section in the Sports menu on the left. Some bookmakers bring cricket into a unique entertainment section. Then the link to the championships in this sport is duplicated in the top bar of the official page.
- Find IPL in the proposed list of championships. Click on the link, and it automatically takes you to the complete list of available lines. It can be the lines for the winner of the whole tournament and the lines for each match. Select the line you want.
- Click on the name of the line or the name of the teams involved in the game. The website will take you to the complete list of suggested outcomes and odds.
- Select an outcome and click on it — your betting information will immediately appear in the betting slip on the right-hand side in the single betting section. If you would like to combine bets on several matches, please enter the details of the first bet and then go to the Multi betting tab in the slip and add events. You can combine bets on IPL with league events if the stakes results are not directly related or with bets on other sports.
- Enter the bet amount in the betting slip, check it and confirm the transaction. The bet will be registered in the system, and then the winnings will be credited to your account.
Before registering in the guest mode, you are free to go through the betting lines, see how the coupons work, and which outcomes and odds the bookmaker offers.
When your winnings are credited to your account, you will increase your balance. If you are already verified, you can send your withdrawal request freely. If not, do both, but it may delay the withdrawal.
Most betting companies insist that the deposit and withdrawal must occur in the same payment system. Suppose a particular method is not available for withdrawal. In that case, you can use another external account, but you will need to verify that this is your own. Transfers to third party accounts will be blocked.
The minimum withdrawal amount is usually from INR 1,000; the maximums are within the bookmaker or payment system limits (INR 1,000,000+).
Read the bookmaker’s Rules to find out the possible limits:
- immediate withdrawal limits per day/week/month;
- whether big winnings can be paid out in a lump sum or multiple payments;
- whether a rollover is valid for your previous deposit;
- whether withdrawals are possible during the bonus wagering period.
Suppose your request meets all the conditions, and you have not broken any rules. In that case, the application will be approved within a few hours. The funds will be sent to the payment system of your choice. It may take a few hours to 5-7 banking days.
How do IPL betting odds work?
The amount you win in IPL betting is directly related to the bookmaker’s odds. This multiplier shows:
- How likely a particular outcome is — a low odds result is more likely than a low odds result. Remember, bookmakers may use specific odds to get the attention of bettors (under or over). Check the professional predictions and the odds offered;
- The amount of potential winnings — the winnings are calculated by multiplying the odds by the size of the bet. Some bookmakers deduct the bet amount from this product.
For example, you bet INR 2,000 on an outcome with odds of 2.3. Multiply these numbers, and you get winnings of INR 4,600. If the bookmaker deducts the bet amount, your winnings will be INR 2,600. Of course, subtraction is only a mathematical formula. The bet amount will not disappear from your account; it will just decrease the accrued winnings.
Research IPL odds on trusted sites and choose the best odds for your type of bet.
Top 5 IPL betting apps
Most online bookmakers in India offer IPL betting on the official website and the website’s mobile app or mobile version. Betting on a smartphone is convenient in terms of accessibility, traffic saving and keeping all the features you need.
We have reviewed dozens of IPL betting apps and bring you the top five bookmakers who have developed mobile clients with special attention.
10Cric — a modern bookmaker with a top client for Android and iOS.
Sportaza — India’s popular mobile app with dozens of cricket markets and hundreds of IPL betting options.
BlueChip — a young bookmaker with a clever mobile website where you can easily bet on the IPL with competitive odds.
Parimatch — excellent iOS / Android app and mobile version for other operating systems; the bookmaker offers excellent odds and bonuses.
Indibet — the mobile version of the site is ideal for cricket and IPL betting because the entire platform specialises in the sport.
Use IPL mobile betting to bet wherever you like at any time.
Mobile apps and official bookmakers’ websites offer Indian bettors plenty of opportunities to bet on IPL. This cricket competition in an online betting company’s lobby indicates quality and attention to customers.
Choose a reliable online betting room based on the bookmaker’s license, deposit and withdrawal terms, variety of lines and betting types.
Before placing a bet, be sure to read the terms and conditions of cooperation with the bookmaker and professionals’ forecasts. In this way, you will be able to choose the outcome competently and make the deal without any infringements.