400% welcome bonus up to €1000
- 100% mobile-friendly website
- Accepts INR and Crypto
- Extensive bonus program
Horse racing betting is one of the classics of the ancient ways to experience gambling, bet money, and win. Horses have always been prized, and today the favorites and rising stars of the sport attract millions of bettors worldwide who are willing to take a chance and predict which horse will finish first.
Horse race betting in India is a trendy pastime. Any bettor interested in this sport can bet online on Indian horse racing websites and quickly withdraw their winnings.
We will tell you how to find the right platform so that horse betting can be a fun and safe experience.
Is Horse Racing Betting Legal in India?
Bet India races are in a unique position. While all offline sports betting has been illegal since 1867, horse racing betting has been legalized offline and online since 1996. This year, the Supreme Court of the country confirmed that in this sport, winning depends a lot on the bettor’s ability to analyze and predict the result of the race correctly. Therefore, it would be wrong to consider winnings to be random. On this basis, horse racing was declared a “game of skill” and became a legitimate betting option.
Thus, horse racing betting sites invite players legally, and the authorities cannot prevent Indian bettors who want to win.
Here the second question arises. If the bettor can bet freely in the country, how legal are Indian horse racing sites? If the bookmaker is licensed in one of the international jurisdictions, then its services are also quite legal.
Look for published information about the license – where it was obtained, when it was obtained, what number it has, what company it was issued to, and how that company is connected to the site (owner/manager). Reliable bookmakers always place this information on the site’s start page and duplicate it in the user or privacy agreement.
Well-known jurisdictions issue licenses for online horse racing betting in the UK, Malta, Gibraltar, and Curacao. Gambling commissions of these regions are known for their strict requirements for bookmakers, so players can be sure that all disputes will be resolved lawfully and the quality of services provided will be high.
How to Choose the Best Horse Racing Betting Site?
Horse race betting online in India requires the player to choose the platform carefully. Dozens of sites place horse racing betting lines, but not all meet the modern criteria of convenience and safety. Therefore, every Indian bettor should carefully evaluate the site he has chosen by such parameters:
- Authoritative license and modern data security protocols so that your personal information and transactions are securely encrypted and inaccessible to fraudsters.
- Quality official website and horse race betting app. You should be comfortable using all the sections; they should be functional. Try to quickly find the right betting line and make a suitable betting format to make sure – the site works smoothly and horse racing betting online does not cause technical problems.
- Payment methods available, including specific Indian ones – PayTM, PhonePe, UPI. Additional advantage if the bookmaker accepts Indian rupees as an account currency and sets reasonable limits on deposit and withdrawal of winnings.
- A selection of sports events within online horse racing. There are dozens of races around the world, including the famous races – Royal Ascot, Grand National, Cheltenham Festival, Triple Crown Races, Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, and Champion Stakes. Make sure the bookmaker keeps them in mind and regularly updates the betting markets, and offers decent odds.
- The possibility to make a pre-bet or make a deal right during the race in In-Play format. Perfect if the bookmaker has broadcasting rights, and you will be able to both watch the race and place a bet on the same page.
- Valid bonuses for registration and deposits. Cashback, betting insurance, loyalty program. Go to the Promotion section and assess the conditions for earning and wagering bonuses.
- Customer support – how quickly operators reply and what communication channels the bookmaker offers.
Take the opportunity to screen out those sites which do not meet the professional requirements. To do this, read reviews of popular and new horse racing betting online platforms, check the expert opinion and user reviews, and only then register.
How to Bet on Horse Racing?
Online horse betting requires serious preparation:
- choosing a responsible bookmaker with an excellent platform;
- developing a betting strategy – evaluation of the results of previous races, the skill of the jockey and the horse’s qualities, the specifics of the venue (ground, distance, weather conditions), familiarity with race forecasts, choosing the betting amount and types (preliminary or live);
- organizational operations at the bookmaker’s site.
Let’s talk about them in more detail.
Create an Account
Online horse race betting in India for real money is only available to adult bettors who have registered on the website or app. Registration will confirm the age and identity of the player, as well as protect the bookmaker and the bettor himself from possible fraud.
The registration consists of filling out a questionnaire. Often it is a minimum of questions:
- first name / last name / age / gender;
- login / password / account currency;
- telephone number / e-mail / residence address.
The provided contacts will need to be confirmed immediately after registration. Enter an SMS code in the pop-up window on the website or go to your email and click on the link you receive in the letter from the bookmaker.
Confirming the contacts activates the account and starts the game account. Now you will be able to deposit money, bet on races, withdraw winnings, track your own statistics in your personal cabinet, and get a welcome bonus and other gifts.
It is important to provide complete and accurate information in the form. You will be able to correct it in your profile, but too frequent changes may cause suspicion of fraud, and your account may be blocked.
The rules of betting companies prohibit having more than one account for one user. Also, entering two different accounts from the same IP address may be considered multi-accounting. Take this into account if you live with friends who also like Indian horse racing online betting.
Making a Deposit
When you register, you will be assigned an account on the bookmaker’s site. It is not possible to bet money directly from your external account. It is necessary to have a game account. You have to deposit it before betting.
Bookmaker sites offer to do it with popular payment methods – credit and debit cards, VISA or MasterCard, e-wallets (EcoPayz, PerfectMoney, Skrill, Neteller, MuchBetter), bank transfer, UPI, and PhonePe or PayTM, GooglePay.
Choose one of the ways. It will be assigned to you as your primary payment system. To choose the best option, take into account:
- System limits for deposit and withdrawal of winnings (minimum and maximum);
- Transfer speed;
- Whether the system charges any commission (bookmakers do not usually charge commission for transfers);
- The security and reliability of encryption of the transactions.
You can make a deposit in the Payments section or your cabinet. Click on the logo of the chosen deposit method or the Deposit button next to it. In the pop-up window, enter the account details and the transaction amount. Confirm the transaction on the bookmaker’s website and in the personal cabinet of the selected money transfer system.
The top-up operation is made within a few seconds. Usually, the minimum amount to be deposited is 100 INR. If you want to get a welcome bonus for the deposit or other deposit bonus, transfer the amount specified in its conditions.
The receipt of funds will be shown in the account balance. You can now place your bet.
Place Your Bet
Look for the Horse racing category in the event selection menu. It is usually located on the left side of the homepage. In the menu, there are filters by date, the possibility to bet live or preliminary, and the alphabet.
Not all bookmakers offer to bet on Horse racing, but you can look for the possibility of betting in the virtual sports section. Here the results of the races are set by a random number generator, which is a complete computer simulation, but if you lack the thrill, you can find it in the virtual races.
Click on it or hover over the courses when you have selected a category. The site will give you a list of actual races. Open one of them or visit the lines of each to evaluate the odds and the possibility of winning.
A responsible bookmaker always places introductory information about the race above the betting line for bettors’ convenience – the streak’s length, stadium features, estimated weather forecast, and wind speed.
In the line, you will see the horses’ names and the jockeys who run them. In some cases, the bookie additionally indicates the trainer.
In front of the name, you will see the expected outcomes. For horse racing, the main results are as follows:
- Win – this horse will win;
- Show – the horse will be in the first three;
- Place – the horse will take one of the prize places;
- Forecast – select the two horses that will come first and second. There is a Treble option for the three horses.
Choose the outcome and its odds. They will be fixed in the bet slip. Specify how much you are betting and confirm. The bet is placed in active, and the bettor is left to wait for the race’s outcome.
If you do not want to be limited to a single bet, you can combine it with other bets on races or other sports. The slip allows you to do this in the Combo tab before confirming the first bet. Join as many events as you like in a parlay, but remember, you will win on this bet only if all predictions come true and no bet loses.
After the races, your winnings are calculated within a few hours and are available for withdrawal.
Online horse betting in India is very profitable because the odds here are high despite the risks. When you get your winnings, you can withdraw them if you comply with the bookmaker’s conditions:
- Passing KYC – providing full information in your personal account profile + uploading copies of documents to the site that will confirm your identity (passport, PAN, driver’s license, etc.). Without verification, the withdrawal of money will be blocked;
- Wagering all bonuses according to the terms of the bookmaker;
- Request for withdrawal in limits – no more than the established monthly or weekly rate. Bookmakers stipulate that the withdrawal of huge winnings may be split its amount and paid in installments.
The bookmaker needs to check that all the conditions have been met. This will take from 24 hours. Then, if your request is approved, the funds go to the system you have chosen for transfers. Now the time of arrival to the account depends on its speed.
Depending on the rules of the bookmaker, you can use to withdraw:
- only the same system that you used to fund your account;
- other systems, provided you confirm that it belongs to you and that this withdrawal method is really necessary.
If you consider horse betting in India as a full-fledged way to make a profit, then count on the fact that the withdrawal time may vary depending on the speed of the established checks.
How do Horse Racing Betting Odds Work?
The odds are the most critical indicator for betting companies. It shows how much the event is likely to happen and how much the bet will increase if it is predicted correctly.
The odds are determined by experts who calculate the probability of an event and the interest of bettors in it and compare the odds of other bookmakers. The odds are often given as a decimal fraction, for example, 1.25, 4.0, and 6.7.
What does it give a player?
- The highest odds mean the bookmaker is sure the outcome is unlikely. Possible, but with tiny odds. So when you bet on high odds, you need to make sure your prediction is correct and the outcome is possible;
- Low odds are usually the favorites, but they can also lose to underdogs and talented newcomers. Again – rely on odds when betting, but check the predictions for each participant in the race, not just the favorites.
Some bookmakers manipulate the odds by artificially lowering or raising them to draw attention to a particular race. Read bookmaker reviews and check odds on other sites to make sure the odds are honest.
How do the odds affect the amount of winnings? It forms it. When calculating, the bookmaker multiplies the odds and the bet amount. So if you bet INR 100 on an outcome with an odds of 2.3, you will get INR 230.
Be careful when selecting outcomes and odds. The financial ratio of your betting success depends on it.
Top 5 Horse Racing Betting Apps
Pick up the best Indian horse racing app if you want the unique opportunity to bet on races as soon as you hear about them.
Mobile sports betting apps have been developed by top bookmakers, but only the best ones have added horse racing to the lobby. Among them:
The apps and mobile versions of these bookmakers feature high-quality performance, great functionality, and the ability to bet on races in real-time or in advance. The apps allow you to track and add iconic races to your favorites, easily bet and withdraw your winnings in just a few clicks.
Choose only the best horse betting apps for your iOS and Android devices.
Horse betting online in India is the choice of bettors who are not afraid to take risks and are great connoisseurs of the sport. Betting on horse racing requires excellent preparation, knowledge of the specifics of each competition, and in-depth knowledge of each horse that takes part in it.
In addition, it is vital to choose a reliable and reputable site that offers enough betting markets, fair odds, and the convenience of related operations – deposit and withdrawal, getting bonuses and betting control.
Bet on the races, try your luck and your prediction skill, but keep a cool head in the betting amounts and the selection of the betting platform.